Sunday, August 14, 2005

the sex lives of snails and life

have i ever told you that i love the theatre? much much more than my how-many-inches-super-expensive plasma television.

i love the stage and how it allowed for expression and thought-worthy themes to be brought across only by acting and props. no digital enhancements, no ngs, just pure talent and effort.

to date, however, i have only stepped into a theatre less than 10 times.

brings me to think about my existence.

19 years going on 20 and the average number of times i been to a play is once in maybe 4-5 years. you would think that for someone who loves the arts, she would take a wee bit more effort to support it or to be part of it.

there were so many things i've promised myself and God that i would do. like how after my o levels, i told God i'll return to church. but i really returned only 3 months after my a levels.

like how i told myself i would get my writing projects done, blog more, design a few more pieces of jewellery to sell, call up long lost friends, go for more plays.. some took ages to materialise, some cases never at all.

procrastination sure sucks. the only reason why it survives is because we always take for granted that tomorrow will always be there.

i nearly pushed this post to tomorrow but decided against it for fear i might lose track of what i was thinking about. i always do. then i'll regret.

19 years going on 20 and i feel i've accomplished very little.

i feel i should do more.

but that is a problem that i'll handle tomorrow.

btw just wondering... does anyone know how snails reproduce? i refer to the title of my post.

3 Comments:

Blogger Ellipsis said...

the truth is you could accomplish a lot tomorrow, more than in those past years of your life if you really do feel like it.:) so in that respect - there's really no hurry.

oh about the snails - I think they kinda put their foot/feet down on each other...

23:59  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

And lyn, I sure love your disjointed posts, but I really think you should start trying to write full length pieces you know. I'm dying to read some gems by you! It's been quite a while since your My Daily Bread days. :D

--Raymond

08:45  
Blogger lyn said...

ray: thanks for the encouragement.. haha it's just me lah. i need to come down hard on myself so that i will actually do something.. oh full length posts? erm... i'll try ok? nowadays my thoughts are kinda messed up. still suffering from cultural shock. lol.

BoY: good point. thing is, half the time most of us make that resolve and end up spending the entire day in front of the telly or the comp. maybe the will is not strong enough eh?

ok i'm resolving to read my newspapers now and i'm gonna DO IT! =D

anyway.. erm they have feet? thanks for giving me a slight idea though. =)

20:22  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home