Friday, June 17, 2005

closing time

the structure of my posts on this blog is pretty much fixed. i comment on an issue and somehow link it to my religion.

this is not really one of them.

it is always my habit to write a post in official closure of a certain aspect of my life.

today marked the last day on the job: the last day for people to shout and verbally abuse me. the last day sitting at my place in fear that a cockroach will crawl over me while i try to do my work. the last day staring at that inane computer which is about as mad as the user herself.

and so, another chapter of the biography, marilyn's life (penned by the critically acclaimed author, Jehovah Ra-ah) closes.

it was a short chapter, but a truly memorable one. possibly for once, i lived in close proximity of a group of people and did not have to worry about bitching. there was no need for backstabbing, no need for politics. the only form of bitching you hear around the workplace is possibly against some brainless morons persistent people who managed to call through.

if there's one thing in life i dislike, it is goodbyes. it's a human feeling, i guess. we have always been resistant to change.

before the a levels, my lit teacher dedicated this song to us:
"closing time, every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end."

looking back fondly at a beginning's end, looking forward to the new beginning.

thank you, everyone, for braving through bitchy calls and hair-pulling experiences with me. you guys know who you are. =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home