Sunday, July 10, 2005

it ain't easy to be me

"many people come into christianity expecting easy solutions to difficult problems. but when i came into Christ, all hell broke loose!" - dr. kevin van de westhuizen



just returned from my sci freshman orientation camp in ntu. i set off with a prayer for God to give me an opportunity to "plant a seed", to share Christ with someone i just knew.

i came back and the only times i talked about Christ was to the christians in my group.

i'm not sure what happened but something tells me that God is trying to teach me a lesson in evangelism. i have always thought it would be easier to talk to people whom you're not really close to. i guess i was wrong. be it to loved ones or to new aquaintances, evangelism is tough work. nobody said it was easy.

i saw the target, i prayed. i tried to speak but nothing came forth.
i feel discouraged yet... encouraged?

i know i am not talking sense here. it's 00:39 in the morning for goodness sake!

maybe i'll talk more about my freshie camp in another post. i'm still zonked out from the entire week.

8 Comments:

Blogger Zen|th said...

A great quote. Most people think that once you become a Christian, all your problems will disappear instantly, but that's not true at all. LoL~

And I have to say, evangelism is never easy. Still, don't be discouraged. =)

01:14  
Blogger Inarticulate said...

Goodness, you're gonna be in NTU? I'm workin at the Student Office Building [as a part-timer though]. Who knows? I might have actually passed by you sometime in one of the NTU Canteens.

Talking abt Christanity to other people is never easy to start especially with the long stereo-typed bad rumours about fanaticism.

Supporting Zenith - Just be patient and be gently persistent. I'm sure they'll be moved one day. =)

09:31  
Blogger lyn said...

zen|th: haha the common misconceptions we all have to correct. thanks for your encouragement! :D

julian: lol really? maybe we can meet up for coffee. where ever it is good. lol. tell me about it those fanatics give us a bad name! but thanks for your encouragement too. :D

18:36  
Blogger Inarticulate said...

Lyn & Rogue:

LOL, spirit is willing but yes i gotta fix an appt in advance. More for myself rather becos I often suffer frm poor time mgmt.

Drop me an email for your contacts yah? Rynsuke@hotmail.com or alternatively MSN messenger would be great as well.

P.S. You can also find me in friendster with this email if you have an a/c.

10:49  
Blogger lyn said...

ray: lol yes high time manz. =p

erm don't exaggerate lah. i've heard that you are one hamsum hunk. daniel, koon, and half the people we both know confirmed that. lol. *throws the barf bag away*

julian: i've added you in msn. :)

20:19  
Blogger lyn said...

the agreement is too much to be a coincedence.

besides i saw your pics. ahem?

09:58  
Blogger Inarticulate said...

haha.. yes I saw u Lyn though you seem to be in a bz mode pretty often.

11:04  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

you saw my pics? are u joking? where did ya get them from anyway? Btw, I look better photos than in real life. Serious.

--raymond

17:56  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home