Sunday, July 31, 2005

a little update

a little less our daily bread-ish, a little more of me. i'm not trying to be narcissistic but i think my preaching is boring people.

and so i more or less think i am settled down in my new school, new life and new groups of friends. i have yet to really get started on work but the prospects of doing so is daunting yet exciting at the same time. 12 years of spoonfed education and now i'm thrown out into the open to fend for myself, i foresee massive culture shock.

anyway...

i find it ironic that most of my readers are christians, when i had hoped that it would reach out to non-believers. do not get me wrong people, i love my readers, and am thankful for their comments. but i really wish that i am able to make a difference in at least somebody's life.

i finally went for oikos (cell group) last friday, and i shared with them my disillusion at being surrounded by unbelievers and my inability to share Christ with them. i am thankful that i did because i was encouraged by their reminder that we can bring Christ to pre-believers by setting a good example as a christian.

i have also learnt that preconceived notions and established impressions are hard to shake. more about this in another post maybe.

whatever the case, this is a race (or rather, marathon) i have chosen to run, and i will run until i see His face.

4 Comments:

Blogger Laughingcow said...

... we can bring Christ to pre-believers by setting a good example as a christian.

That's really the best way to share God -- through our lives. :) After all, we are called to be His witnesses. Besides, you never know who drops by. Just because people don't comment doesn't mean they aren't reading! ;)

22:41  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i have also learnt that preconceived notions and established impressions are hard to shake

So true indeed.

And by the way, you don't have to talk about God in a preachy manner you know. God's a fun God too, talk about His other traits. I mean, ponder on how the playgrounds in heaven will be like since He's the maker of playgrounds, wonder whether there will be clouds in heaven, or is it also a physical dimension like Earth, or think about why God didn't ban Big Macs when they're obviously so unhealthy.

A lot of things to talk about right?

23:14  
Blogger Inarticulate said...

yeah raymond's right.

I liked a particular description of how He walks by your side and points to a dollar coin dropped on the ground when you find that you have no money to take a bus home. =)

Kinda reminds me of the scene in Matrix where Morpheus says to Neo,"I can only show you the way, but you have to open the door yourself."

Coincidentally, someone told me this was some phrase that can be found in the The Book of Job.

See? We can find so many ways to relate to him actually.

17:24  
Blogger Zen|th said...

Yep. I agree with Laughingcow. I've heard so many testimonies of how their family members get saved because they notice that they behave diffrently from others.

03:08  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home