Friday, April 20, 2007

Jesus at the window

Dear J,

You asked me about forgiveness. I hope this story would be a blessing to you.

- M


A little boy visited his grandparents on their farm. He was given a slingshot to play with in the woods. He practiced, but couldn’t hit the target.

Getting discouraged, he headed back to dinner. As he walked back, he saw Grandma’s pet duck. Out of impulse, he let the slingshot fly, hit the duck square in the head, and killed it. He was shocked and grieved. In a panic, he hid the dead duck in the woodpile, only to see his sister watching. Sally had seen it all, but she said nothing.

After lunch that day Grandma said, “Sally, let’s wash the dishes.” But Sally said, “Grandma, Johnny told me he wanted to help in the kitchen.” Then she whispered to Johnny, “Remember the duck?”

So Johnny did the dishes. Later that day, Grandpa asked if the children wanted to go fishing. Grandma said, “I’m sorry but I need Sally to help make supper.”

Sally smiled and said, “Well that’s all right because Johnny told me he wanted to help.” She again whispered to Johnny, “Remember the duck?” So Sally went fishing, and Johnny stayed to help.

After several days of Johnny doing his chores, and Sally’s, he could stand it no longer. He went to Grandma and confessed that he had killed the duck. Grandma knelt beside Johnny and said, “I know: I was standing at the window and I saw the whole thing. Because I love you, I forgave you. I was just wondering how long you would let Sally make a slave of you.”

Thought for the day: Whatever is in your past, whatever you have done that your conscience spirit won’t let you forget, (lying, debt, fear, hatred, anger, unforgiveness, bitterness, etc.), whatever it is, Jesus Christ was standing at the window and saw the whole thing. He wants you to know that you are forgiven. He wonders how long you will let the past make a slave of you.

Remember, God not only forgives you, He forgets.


Post taken from Kev's blog

4 Comments:

Blogger val said...

hey marilyn,

I'm valerie from the youth@ BC. I hear that you are going for a mission trip and i wanna take this opportunity to wish you well!

Have fun! and God Bless!!!!
=)

10:29  
Blogger lyn said...

hey, news sure travel fast. =) thanks alot! hehe.

10:31  
Blogger Mun said...

mal, can i use your story and repost it somewhere else to bless someone?

mun.

02:02  
Blogger lyn said...

mun, i didnt write this. hahaha. =x

18:44  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home