Sunday, April 29, 2007

frankly, my dear

i am testimony to dispute the belief that being christian means receiving the magical solution to the problems of this world.

you know that you're in too deep with a church when you start getting irritated by your fellow church mates. i was just sharing with the oikos about a certain emotional leech who has been trying to stick to me in church.

i admit, on my part i am not a particularly patient person when people seek my advice, subsequently reject it and continue whining about the same problems. when you abuse the listening ear i provide as a friend, you deprive yourself of that privilege.

i don't appreciate people unreasonably haggling for my attention when 24 hours a day is barely enough for me to settle the things i need to do. and i definitely have problems if someone starts saving my entire gallery of friendster photos for goodness knows what. and no, i don't think it's polite to interrupt the conversation to get my attention when i'm talking to my pastor about my missions project.

i am feeling extremely drained and very suffocated because it reminds me of the time when i was with my ex-boyfriend.

kat tells me not to take offense. i try not to. but sometimes, too much is too much.

this period is a rather sensitive period for me. i'm feeling the heat - maybe God is putting me through His refining fire, or i'm under spiritual attack - whatever it is, i am running on a really short fuse and i really would appreciate it if people around me would cut me some slack.

and while i understand that friends might be concerned, please refrain from contacting me unnecessarily. if i want prayer or anything, i'll ask. i'm really sorry but i do not have any patience to entertain anyone and i certainly do not want to have a reason to yell at people when their correspondence is well-intentioned.

the ride barely started and i'm drained and broke. maybe this is a sign that i am to fully depend on Him for strength.


as a postnote, i would just like to make a shoutout to my oikos. i have been really blessed by you guys and i thank God that He brought this group of wonderful friends into my life. thank you.

4 Comments:

Blogger val said...

i think i know who you're talking about. and rest assured, you're not the only one that feels this way. and for even trying to listen, u deserve a big hug for being lovely.

take care and have fun for the trip!

btw, you need to raise money for e trip right? how are you gonna do that? just a qn for when i go on my trip! =)))

09:58  
Blogger lyn said...

haha.. i guess it's a little bit of a open secret... she's much better now though so i shall not complain anymore. thanks for that anyway. =)

er.. i have 2 trips my total bill comes up to $1615.. the cost differs with the location.. are you going with campus crusade or what? =)

22:05  
Blogger val said...

nah... not going yet la. just checking things out for when i actually do go! haha...

22:43  
Blogger lyn said...

haha. as God leads you yah? do let me know if you're going ok. =)

01:12  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home