Saturday, February 24, 2007

personal choice

i got a response from kenny, a nice long post.

some last comments and i'll just stop yabbering away because it also took me a lot of effort not to "fisk" the two blogs; and frankly, it is pointless to argue. he has his beliefs and i respect that. however, i don't like the fact that my personal views were not respected. correct me if i'm wrong.

if living as a christian means "abandoning the Pearl of Great Price in exchange for straw", so be it. if choosing to be a christian means being perceived as a fool by this world, so be it. can someone please read this post and understand what i wrote there?

if i have, in any way, insulted the catholic faith, i must say it was purely unintentional and i do apologise.

you can mock me if i made some gross factual error. but the fact is i was flamed for being honest about what i think - that was not appreciated. i was mocked for having fears that was extremely real and terrifying to me at that time - that was downright insensitive.

that said, case closed.


anyway, here's a little revelation for me:

jc: i always see going to church as an obligation. something you must do...
me: not so for me. i go to church because i want to be there.

maybe i'll try a commentary on legalism soon... =D

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

God sees our heart, & i believe he saw yours. Sister, jiayou! I agree to you. And any religion can have all sorts of definitions and proof, but our relationship with God meant most and more than anything else. I guess many people missed out what our dear Jesus said, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me." (John 14:6). We know that we only need to follow and no one else.. right sister? Jiayou! Jesus loves you!

23:36  
Blogger lyn said...

hey kat! thanks for dropping by. =D yeah i always keep in mind that we are to work for God's approval and not man's approval. if they see us as fools, i'll gladly be a fool for God. =)

23:46  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home