Monday, January 01, 2007

jet-setting



by the grace of God, my parents have allowed me to fly to korea for cm2007, and so i'll have my first overseas mission trip. on top of that, i've signed up for a local mission trip with crusade wherein we'll produce a evangelical film with crusade's media ministry.

God is good, all the time.

when i told a friend (you know who you are) about our evangelism trip to the rural villages of korea, he asked why didn't i choose a western country such as america or canada instead. my answer was:
  1. western countries have more than enough missionaries to spread the gospel. the ones who really need us are our neighbours in asia.

  2. it is too comfortable. a sacrifice is not a sacrifice unless it costs you something.

  3. upon reflection, i suddenly realised that i *do* have a heart for the lost sheep in asia - a reason why i'll never consider western countries for mission trips. i would be aiming for thailand or cambodia... maybe next year when my parents can no longer use that "wait till you're 21 then we say" excuse on me.


anyway, 2007 would be a faith stretching year for me because there are alot of things i'm trusting God to do - raise the money required to pay for my mission trips, safety, language barriers, food and accommodation, and many other things that i may not have yet foreseen. it would be exactly half a year before the adventure *really* begins, but i feel like the adventure starts now.

right now, everything is going really really good. i'm still basking in the post-metamorphosis afterglow. hahaha.



2006 has been a fruitful year. i would not say it was a good year since it brought about some of the darkest moments in my christian walk, but it was eventful. in retrospect, i'm amazed at how much God has carried me through the little things in life.

2 years of salvation and i'm more in love with my Lord than ever, more thankful because of the doors He has opened for me, amazed because He chose to give me so many opportunities to serve and minister to people around me.

God is good, all the time. =D

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home